What to Expect from a Good Moving Company
At times customers don't know what to expect from a moving company. Here is a list of what Toms Moving and Storage.com considers the customer's "bill of rights" - all the services a customer deserves and should look for from his mover.
- Complete, accurate information and explanation about the upcoming move. The more informed a customer is, the fewer potential problems. In our opinion, an informed customer is an asset to a mover.
- A trained and certified sales representative. The representative must be available 7 days a week to solve any problems that arise before, during and after the move. A good estimate should be at most within 10% of the final cost of the move.
- A uniformed moving crew that is trained, courteous, motivated and experienced.The California Moving Services.com moving team should be an organized group who work methodically and efficiently. Your goods should be perfectly wrapped and moved in an organized manner into the truck, with nothing left unwatched in the process.
- Clean, well-maintained trucks designed to move household goods. This will reduce the chances of damage and increase the efficiency of the move. All trucks should be air-ride and, obviously, cleaned daily.
- Proper moving equipment. A sufficient amount of up to date packing material must be available to conduct all moves safely and smoothly.
- Prompt, courteous post-move services, especially on Long distance relocation.The customer should expect a phone call after the move to verify that it was completed to his or her satisfaction. If any damage has occurred, the mover must respond in a professional manner.
- Secure, climate controlled, professionally operated storage facility. It does happen at times that a moving customer may need emergency storage, short/ long-term storage or storage to consolidate his goods for long-distance shipment. Assuming the mover has storage facilities, they should be clean, protected by an effective security system and staffed by trained personnel to assure the safekeeping of your property. A climate-controlled environment is especially important where Fine Art etc. are concerned.
Punctuality of the movers. All pickups and deliveries should be on time.
An experienced and efficient management team is important. It is important that the people you are dealing with are sensitive to your relocation needs and are up to date with their services and equipment. Moving is a complex business therefore being kept informed is a priority for both the company and the customer. Experienced, professional and ethical managers help provide consistent, quality service to every customer.
Communication and Problem Solving
Moving is probably one of the most stressful times in a persons life. We at California Moving Services.com guarantee that if a problem does arise then we will be there for you to find solutions to those problems. It is in our best interest to solve these problems as soon as they arise.